July 7, 2014 By This Vegan Girl
It’s breakfast time, and you’re not quite sure what you’re in the mood for. Never to fear, for The Toast Sampler is here!
The Toast Sampler cures breakfast heartaches and solves all your morning culinary problems, including:
- I don’t know what I’m in the mood for. Each piece of toast caters to a different taste region of your tastebuds, so it’ll combat any/all cravings.
- I don’t want a sugary breakfast. I hear ya. With The Toast Sampler, few strawberries will be the only sugar you’ll consume, and it’ll be the perfect amount of sweetness.
- I need something to-go. Have you ever tried eating cereal and driving? I have, during my stupid teenage years. Not only was it completely idiotic, but extremely difficult. My point is that toast is a lot easier, and more safe, to eat on-the-go.
- I’ll be hungry in an hour. You obviously didn’t have The Toast Sampler for breakfast, then. I pile on the vegetables and fruit, with filling spreads on the bottom.
- It’s not gluten-free. Oh, but it is. I use GF bread and toast them up. The GF bread will also help with problem of staying full.
- I’m not hungry in the morning. The Toast Sampler is so yummy, you’ll want it.
- I don’t have time. You’ll need a bit more time to prepare this than cereal, but definitely not as much time as, say, pancakes.Wake up 10-15 minutes earlier to indulge in this breakfast delight. It’s worth it.
- I don’t cook. … it’s toast.
Are you convinced? If not, maybe the pictures will help. BEHOLD:
Forgive me, as I don’t have exact measurements on spreads and seasoning. Just spread and sprinkle, guys. It’s not that hard.
- Tofutti vegan cream cheese base
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- lemon juice
- spinach on top (I took a few leaves and tore them with my fingers.)
If you’re a vegetarian, vegan, or someone who loves avocado, you’re probably very good friends with avocado toast. There is my spin on it.
Almond Butter Toast
- almond butter base
- lots of strawberry slices on top
I actually have two almond butters right now. One is a CRUNCHY VARIETY (hardly ever seen), which I adore. The other is a vanilla espresso variety, which I equally adore. I hope that eating the vanilla espresso almond butter gives me a tiny boost in the morning.
- hummus base
- grape tomatoes, thinly sliced
- arugula leaves
- hemp hearts
This one was a spur-of-the-moment toast that I ended up loving! I used a kalamata olive hummus, which was divine.